This Policy only relates to the personal information that we collect about you directly from the Website, Valuation Tool or in some instances, via third parties such as social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.).
The following definitions shall apply:
“Subscriber” means the person subscribing to the Company’s Subscription Plan
“Valuation Tool User” means an individual using the free service to acquire a valuation on a property
What personal data we collect from a “Subscriber” or “Valuation Tool User”
We collect information you supply when: (a) you ask us or one of our business partners, or suppliers to provide services; (b) you submit information on applications or other forms to us or our Partners; or (c) you otherwise submit information to us, our affiliates or others.
We may collect the following information:
- Company name or person’s name
- Contact information including email address and/or phone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Information about your computer and about your visits to the site and use of the site, such as IP address, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of pages.
- Information relating to any transactions that occur between you and us on or in connection with this site, including information related to your purchase of goods or services.
- Information that you provide to us for purposes of registration with us.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our site, email information or news.
We collect information about you from a variety of third-party sources such as our business customers, government agencies and consumer reporting agencies and other suppliers of public information, in order to verify any of the information you provide in order to effect, administer and enforce your use or our service.
The information you give us
We will capture your information through various forms when using our sites such as (by way of example) your full name, telephone number, company name. You may want to register as a Prospr user; therefore, we will also be collecting the information that you provide to us for the purpose of activating your registration. Other areas where information gathering will be apparent is when you request property email updates and the site newsletters
Information we collect about the “Unique Users” and “Valuation Tool Users”
We collect information about the domain and host from which you access the Internet; your computer’s Internet address; the browser and operating system software you use; the date and time you access our site and the internet address of the site from which you linked to our site when you visit us. We collect information on your online activity as described above and may obtain information about our Unique Users from a variety of sources:
- to assist us in providing services to you.
- to allow you to change web pages during your visit without having to re-enter your password.
- to store your preferences and other information and to track activity on our website.
- to better understand the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- to determine whether you came to our site from a banner ad or an affiliate website.
- to deliver information specific to your interests on additional web sites.
- to determine whether you’ve acted on our promotional messages.
The information we collect includes name; address, telephone number; information about any form of identification used to verify who you are (required by law in some instances and used by Prospr to prevent fraud); and transaction activity.
Information we receive about you from third parties
We may sometimes use other websites (third parties) affiliates or other service providers, meaning we may receive information about you from this method. In any event, when we are in receipt of the data, we will endeavour to inform you, as it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.
Our business requires us to be affiliated with other third parties which may include (but is not limited to), business partners, property portals, sub-contractors on a technical capacity, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin), analytics providers (such as Google), search information providers (such as Google) and credit reference agencies, all of which we may receive information from about you.
How your data is used
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We share Valuation tool users data with Agents who have become Subscribers in order to allow them to offer appropriate services to the Valuation tool users
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Use of personal information & who is your personal data shared with?
We may use personal information to:
- Set up and maintain user access to the site
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Allow you to use the services on the site
- Send you (non-marketing) commercial communications in general
- Send you email notifications if specifically requested
- Provide information to third parties statistics about our users – but this information will not be used to identify individual users
- Deal with questions and criticisms made by you or about you in connection with the site
We will not give information about you to third parties for direct marketing purposes, other than to those Agents who have become Subscribers.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We work closely with third parties (including, but not limited to, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers to deliver the services and therefore (as stated in this Policy) we may receive and share information about you to ensure we can deliver the services to the level required.
We may use your information if we consider it is in our legitimate business interests so that we can operate as an efficient and effective business.
We may use your information to:
- Identify, and let you know about, products and services that interest you
- Share within our site for administrative & marketing purposes
- Create aggregated and anonymised information for further use
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Secure and protect our websites
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for storing passwords and user information. We will never ask for your password other than your own that goes into the site.
When you have registered for an account with us, you are responsible for keeping the login details confidential.
We ask you not to share your password with anyone. All information you provide us with is stored on our secure servers. Data that we collect from you will be stored and processed at our data centre in the United Kingdom.
We use strict procedures and security features to guard against physical unauthorised access to systems. We also use software that allows us to monitor our services and infrastructure to protect them from threats, including malware, viruses and other forms of malicious code.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information & access to your personal data
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you would like to opt out of marketing or any communications from us in addition to our affiliated third parties, please do not hesitate to contact us using this email [email protected]
You have the right to request details of the personal data which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR.